At Goldilocks and The Bear Foundation we care about your privacy, and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below. We shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013.
We do not sell, share, or trade customer’s personal information collected online with third parties.
Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our business for internal use only.
- WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. WHEN YOU CONTACT US
When you contact us by social media, email or phone, we collect the information included in your message. We use this information to communicate with you.
1.2. WHEN YOU VISIT US
When you visit us, you will need to complete information for us to act as optometrists so that we can help you to the best of our abilities.
By choosing to provide us with your personal information, you consent to the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal information as specified herein.
We retain your personal information in line with relevant legislation and for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove the information by contacting our Privacy Officer. Disposal of your personal or health information will be in a manner that preserves your privacy.
You hereby grant us permission to enter your cellular number onto our database, if supplied to us by you, for the purpose of sending reminders and submitting promotional material. You can opt out of promotional material by selecting to unsubscribe at any time.
- WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OUR TRUSTED SUPPLIERS
We use suppliers and service providers who we trust. They have agreed to keep your personal information secure and confidential, and to only use it for the purposes for which we have sent it to them. We use other companies to:
- provide IT infrastructure,
- store information in the cloud,
- archive old documents before we may destroy it,
- maintain our website, and
- help us deliver an optimal service and manage our business, (like your medical aid, specialists medical service providers, bean counters and collection agents).
Some of our suppliers are in other countries that have different levels of protection of personal information, but we’re comfortable that they protect personal information to the same extent that we do.
We use Dropbox®, One Drive and Google Drive to do our work and store all our information, including our clients’ information securely. We believe that Dropbox, One Drive and Google provide an adequate level of protection for the personal information we store with them. You can read all about how Dropbox and Google Drive safeguards the data and more about their privacy undertakings on their website.
- WE MUST SHOW YOU WHAT WE KNOW YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- ask what personal information we have about you,
- ask what personal information was sent to our suppliers, service providers, or any other third party,
- ask us to update, correct, or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we have about you,
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you,
- object to the processing of your personal information, and
- lodge a complaint about our practices with the Information Regulator.
It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request because there are procedures that we need to follow.
In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity and sometimes we may have additional requirements to make changes to your information.
- PLEASE NOTIFY US IF YOU SUSPECT A SECURITY BREACH
We have implemented reasonable security measures based on the sensitivity of the information we hold. These measures are in place to protect the information from being disclosed without authorisation, from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, and from being altered or destroyed. If you suspect that we (or you) have had a security breach, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com Please include as much information as you can.
- HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? PLEASE SPEAK TO US!
Get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns about how we engage with you.